This is at abstract level. We need to fine tune this for each project.
Those who miss proper testing, will see stars in production.
What went wrong in many projects I had seen?
1. Business team is giving performance numbers at the end of the project.
2. Managers are pushing to achieve functionality first to show case to business by ignoring performance numbers.
3. Not measuring memory, CPU usage during performance testing. Not doing performance testing all together.
4. Setting new performance goals at the end of the project.
5. Not having any performance tracking code plugged in or written. (Every body want to measure at the end…how?)
6. Not spending adequate time on performance testing. Many people do 1 hour or 6 hour. Supposed to simulate production environment for more than two weeks.
Many time production systems will fail after deploying new code with in hours to first two weeks.
Because the missed parallel production steps.
If you have any more questions, please let me know.
Bhavani P Polimetla